Volume control on playback

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Volume control on playback
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 17:12:36 +0100

I've improved the control over the output volume on playback. The
Volume Control slider in the Playback Controls panel now enables you to
increase or decrease the output volume. If you use it during playback
then expect a delay between adjusting the value and hearing the effect
of the adjustment because a certain amount of the output has already
been delivered to the output buffer.
I have set the range by trial-and-error, using the sound font that I
normally use. I would be grateful if others could test with their own
setup and report back if the range of variation is not wide enough/too
wide.