About Re: Denemo icon missing in application menu. was Re: Can not tweak

From: Richard Shann
Subject: About Re: Denemo icon missing in application menu. was Re: Can not tweak objects in Debian's Version 2.5.0
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2021 16:49:01 +0000

On Sun, 2021-10-31 at 17:28 +0200, Lib Lists wrote:
> On Sun, 31 Oct 2021 at 13:37, Richard Shann <richard@rshann.plus.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, 2021-10-31 at 13:13 +0200, Lib Lists wrote:
> > > On Sun, 31 Oct 2021 at 13:01, Richard Shann
> > > <richard@rshann.plus.com>

> > > Hi, no, I mean the application menu of the Linux OS in which I'm
> > > currently running Denemo.
> > ah, ok, a virtual desktop. I may know more about this shortly as
> > I'm
> > about to upgrade to Debian stable...

Well my upgrade to Debian stable has worked, and I have built Denemo
from sources using the atril.patch and without installing the
libevince-dev package, installing instead libatrilview-dev and
libatrildocument-dev (I don't know if this last one was required, I
didn't try without).
The good(ish) news is that the following of links from the Print View
back to the Denemo Display works, so re-positioning things like trill
signs can be done via dragging in the Print View.
My next experiment (after checking more things with this atril build)
is to install from the Debian repository see if the tweaking fails and
also see if the Icon appears in the Applications menu - in this respect
I can mention that installing the evolution package failed to put an
icon in the application menu, which is pretty extraordinary.
Then I'll at last be able to test if the inability to tweak objects is
due to libevince changes...