Re: "m." over quarter note

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: "m." over quarter note
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2022 09:36:16 +0100

On Tue, 2022-10-18 at 21:35 -0600, Andrew Hanson wrote:
> What does this mean?  It's from a Pietro Castrucci Violin
> Sonata, ca. 1718,  that I'm transposing for treble recorder.

I don't know - you have a much better chance of discovering such things
if you ask on the Denemo list or even bigger the LilyPond user list.

> I tried to put a "comment" over the note, m., in Denemo, but I don't
> see it
> in the pdf view.

A comment in Denemo is not for typesetting, it is for making notes
about your score. Use one of the commands that puts marks, text or
symbols on a note - see Notes/Rests->Markings menu. e,g,

Command: Multi-line Text and Music
Attaches multi-line text which can include music snippets, transposing
note/chord names, fret-diagrams, with control over bold, italic font
size and more. Double quotes and {} must be paired - check with the
Preview button before okaying the markup. Newlines are triggered by the
paragraph sign.

Location: Object Menu ▶ Notes/Rests ▶ Markings ▶ Text/Symbol
Internal Name: AttachedText

HTH