Re: Custom Titles

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Custom Titles
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2023 09:25:17 +0000

On Mon, 2023-01-02 at 17:36 +0000, Joe Wilkinson wrote:
>  Thanks,
>  I've been looking at lilypond markup for text and find it difficult
> to determine which bits are already included in Multi-Line Text.
>  It looks as if the \markup { ....... ]

yes, looking in the LilyPond View you can see that the Multi-Line text
editor wraps everything you type with

^\markup\scale #'(1 . 1)\column{

and }
after replacing any paragraph markers with \line{} wrappers.

The scaling is doing nothing, of course; I'm not quite sure what the
motivation for wrapping everything in \column is ...

>  is already there; certainly \markup seems to produce an error when
> Typesetting, though not necessarily in the Preview
>   For example (and I was playing with the poetry to see what
> happened)
>  what is below in red causes no issue in the Preview but a
> Typesetting error
I just pasted your red text into a Multi-line and got the attached
which typesets alright for me.
No sure what you have - you could post the LilyPond emitted which
should be more explanatory.
Richard