Re: getting ready for Denemo 2.6 flatpak

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: getting ready for Denemo 2.6 flatpak
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2023 10:10:34 +0000

On Wed, 2023-01-04 at 10:10 +0100, Federico Bruni wrote:
> Il giorno sab 31 dic 2022 alle 14:26:34 +0000, Richard Shann
> <richard@rshann.plus.com> ha scritto:
> > It just occurred to me that what Denemo is using is the callback
> > which
> > happens when you click on a link in the PDF; Denemo doesn't need
> > the
> > stuff which Evince will do to action the link which will be the
> > Sunctex
> > bit, it is enough for Denemo to get the callback parameters and
> > then
> > go
> > and do the "synchronization" - just an internal change inside
> > Denemo...
> >
> > So it could be that the libevince is dropping the callback if it is
> > not
> > expected there will be some Synctex thing to connect to it, while
> > libatril is keeping it.
> >
> > Just speculation on my part ...
>
> Perhaps it just depends on how evince is built.
> I'm experimenting with the evince build options -
> Dinternal_synctex=true
> and -Ddbus=true (true by default, actually).
>
> But I need your help to understand better.
> When I click on a textedit link, what should happen exactly? Can you
> send a video?

when it is working if you move the mouse pointer until it is over a
note head in the music the pointer changes to a hand-pointer after a
momemnt and then a popup gives the text of the link "textedit://..."
giving the name:col:line of the LilyPond file that has been typeset.

A video in which you can see the mouse doing point and click is at
https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/66885520
towards the end - at 4mins in. (I notice that on this video the mouse
doesn't hover long enough for the popup to happen after the pointer
changes to a hand pointer, but the click moves the cursor in the Denemo
Display window to the note concerned.)

HTH