Re: getting ready for Denemo 2.6 flatpak

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: getting ready for Denemo 2.6 flatpak
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2023 09:44:56 +0100

Il giorno mar 10 gen 2023 alle 00:41:04 -0600, Jeremiah Benham <jeremiahbenham@gmail.com> ha scritto:

On Mon, Jan 9, 2023, 4:38 PM Federico Bruni <fede@inventati.org> wrote:
Il giorno mar 27 dic 2022 alle 00:30:16 +0100, Federico Bruni
 <fede@inventati.org> ha scritto:
 > IIUC synctex is still allowed in Evince but via D-BUS:
 > https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evince/-/issues/1535

 Does Denemo support dbus?
If not, I'm afraid there's nothing we can do about it. See above link.
 See also this python script:
https://github.com/latex-lsp/evince-synctex/blob/master/evince_synctex.py

 In Denemo sources I found only this:

 $ git grep -n dbus
 gub/gub/specs/evince.py:18: + ' --disable-dbus'

 Do you use gub to build Windows and Mac binaries?

We do not use gub anymore. We use mxe to create the windows builds. Gub became so antiquated so we switched to mxe. I had to drop the Mac binaries
. I tried using Mac ports to create something to distribute but it did not work on all versions of Mac os. Mac users can use macports to use it. Unfortunately the macports requires a bit of command line knowledge and patience to wait for dependcies to compile. I have been meaning to ask the lilypond people how they create the Mac version. They were doing a 32 bit version and an experimental 64 bit version. I would be curious if bot of these are built using gub.

LilyPond developers stopped using gub during the 2.23 development cycle.
They now build binaries using these scripts:
https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/tree/master/release

I put in Ccn Jonas, who is the main author of these installation scripts.