Re: Problems with shortcuts

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Problems with shortcuts
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2023 16:35:23 +0000

On Sun, 2023-01-29 at 16:59 +0100, gerard.nollez@free.fr wrote:

> > I've just run flatpak denemo 2.6.0 and created a file with this
> > metronome mark command and it generated the attached, which you can
> > see
> > has the correct character. The implication is that you have a
> > custom
> > version of the MetronomeMark command in your ~/.denemo-
> > 2.6.0/actions/menus/Directives/Markings directory.
>
> Sorry but I feel a bit lost (I'm not a big info expert!)
>
> The ~/.denemo-2.6.0/actions/menus/Directives/Markings directory does
> not exist!

good, that means you do not have some custom/corrupted local version of
the tempo command you are using...

> The ~/.denemo-2.6.0/actions only contains two empty folders bitmaps
> and graphics and
> 3 files default.commands, default.shortcuts and palettes.xml
>
> > The easy way to test for this is to rename ~/.denemo-2.6.0 to
> > ~/hidden_dot_denemo and rerun flatpak denemo *not* keeping your
> > custom
> > shortcuts. commands etc.
> > If you then run the command to insert the Prèlude marking it should
> > then work.
>
> Done, but it does not work, no custom shotcuts and commands,and still
> "Pr??lude".
By "and still "Pr??lude" did you mean that when you tried in a new
score to create the tempo mark "Prèlude" what appeared was "Pr??lude"?
Did the correct character appear in the dialog bod into which you typed
the word "Prèlude" or, as you typed it in was it interpreted as
"Pr??lude"?

> The same after I have re-installed flatpak denemo-2.6.0
>
> with regard to the change of version of LilyPond I do not know how to
> do!
To install a specific version of LilyPond you download and run a script
from lilypond.org. However, this problem with accents is not related to
LilyPond in any way, Denemo should have received the character è when
you typed it in, and it should display it in the LilyPond view where it
is telling LilyPond what to typeset.

> The current path
> in the preference /external is only Lilypond, replacing it by
> Lilypond-2.22 of course not works.
> In my system the very long path to Lilypond
> var/lib/flatpak/app/org.denemo.Denemo/x86-64/stable/ etc,etc....
> leads to 2.24 or 2.20 versions or to a binary.
I think you are not looking at versions of LilyPond at all here - the
2.40 and 2.20 are directories belonging to Denemo that adapt Denemo to
output the different syntax required for those versions of LilyPond.
LilyPond itself will be at /usr/bin/lilypond if you have used the
default procedure to install it.

> Do i really have to give this complete path in the
> preference/external menu?
certainly not that path, indeed unless you install a different version
of LilyPond in your home directory you don't need to give any path; the
more so since the accents problem has nothing to do with LilyPond.

> A lot of problems for me!

You didn't mention whether the score I attached to my last email
typeset for you. If you open it and look in the LilyPond View you
should see a line like this

   \tempo "Prèlude"  a'4 \AutoEndMovementBarline

on line 19. With such a file created by yourself it seems you will see

   \tempo "Pr??lude"  a'4 \AutoEndMovementBarline

if so, try editing that in the LilyPond View to replace the two ?
characters with è
then right click and Typeset.

Richard