dev-serveez

Re: [help-serveez] Re: [dev-serveez] Debian pkgs in unstable, build succ

From: Andreas Rottmann
Subject: Re: [help-serveez] Re: [dev-serveez] Debian pkgs in unstable, build success & failure
Date: 29 Nov 2002 10:08:37 +0100

Raimund 'Raimi' Jacob <address@hidden> writes:

> > The packages have been built sucessfully on the following Debian
> > architectures (bless the autobuilders ;-):
> >
> > * alpha, s390, hppa, powerpc, sparc, arm, i64, m86k
>
> exciting. surprising. mmmh.
>
> > These architectures can be added to the PLATFORMS list, i guess.
>
> can you provide the long platform names for those that work ?

Please take a look at the build logs [0], the configure script tells
you about PLATFORM there, also announcing the full platform name.

> > Building failed on mips and mipsel, due to something that looks like a
> > libtool error/misuse:
> >
> > In src/libserveez/Makefile.am:
> >
> > libserveez_la_LDFLAGS = -export-dynamic -no-undefined -release @VERSION@
>
> stefan told me that the '-no-undefined' flag is required for the mingw
> build to succeed. mmmh. we'll see.

Well, I'll patch it in Debian, I just want to notify upstream about
this 'bug'.

> i have a question about the autobuilders: is it possible to run the 'make
> check' target ? this would proof that some of the most important data
> structures actually run on the target platform.

I can incorporate this into the build process. I'll probably upload a
package that fixes the -no-undefined and runs 'make check' today.

[0] http://buildd.debian.org/build.php?pkg=serveez
--
Andreas Rottmann         | address@hidden        | address@hidden |
address@hidden