dev-serveez

[dev-serveez] Re: [help-serveez] Updating GNU Serveez for Guile 2.0

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: [dev-serveez] Re: [help-serveez] Updating GNU Serveez for Guile 2.0
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 09:20:14 +0100

() Raimund 'Raimi' Jacob <address@hidden>
() Sat, 29 Jan 2011 08:14:59 +0100

   Mike Gran wrote:

   > The guts of serveez-mg come from the GNU serveez software, which is
   > a much grander project that attempts to demonstrate how to write
   > server software in many different platforms and protocols, including
   > W32.  So, I've stripped GNU serveez just to its Guile and GNU/Linux
   > parts, and thenupdated them to work with Guile 2.0.

   We would very much like to see some of your Guile-Porting work back in
   "original serveez". (And first we try to move development to git there).

   Thien-Thi wants to have a look at your work and selectivly make use of it. I
   expressed my wish to keep W32 compatiblitly but since I won't be doing any
   serious development work in the forseeable future, everything is up to
   Thien-Thi.

   So again, thanks and good luck!

Thanks from me, too; it was serveez-mg that motivated me to apply for GNU
Serveez membership.  Ideally we will be able to fold in serveez-mg for the
next Serveez release.  Maybe w32 compatability isn't that hard; i haven't
given it much thought, to be honest....