devel-panorama

Re: Other renderers.

From: Jon Frydensbjerg
Subject: Re: Other renderers.
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 09:45:18 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 4 Jan 2002, Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero wrote:

Hi.

> > I just noticed a reference to YASRT which lives at:
> > http://www.yasrt.org/
> > There is possibly scope for co-operation.....
> Not bad idea, but maybe license collision, OTOH. They do not provide
> source, I would check other projects too.
> BTW, who is still here?

[Ping]

Sad to say I haven't got much spare time at the moment, but when I have
finished my M.Sc. (this summer), I will try to implement photon mapping
and/or spectral rendering for Panorama.

Anyone else listening? Angel? Pete? Kevin? Carlos?

BTW: The new book by Henrik Wann Jensen "Realistic Image Synthesis Using
Photon Mapping" is highly recommendable reading for anyone interested in
modern rendering techniques, and specifically photon mapping. In one of
the appendices he even provides the C++ implementation of a basic photon
map. A short, useful, and well written book IMHO.

Take a look at some nice photon mapping images at:

  http://graphics.stanford.edu/~henrik/images/

Kind regards,
Jon