dfey-general-discuss

Re: [Dfey-general-discuss] Toffy

From: Joe O'Dell
Subject: Re: [Dfey-general-discuss] Toffy
Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 13:51:04 +0100

Hi,

While this applies to torbay, I think other areas probably have a similar scheme or pot of funds

Yeah, most councils have set up Youth Opportunity Funds, from which community groups can dip into.

Bedfordshire, for example, has "StreetCred", run by Central Beds council; However, they implied a few restrictions on what type of group could apply.
If I remember correctly, the funding had to be used in the local area, and had to "make a difference" to the local community.
That's where I became a little stuck, because when I tried to apply a while back, our group was in-school, and so wasn't elegible.

But yes, I would reccommend it to anyone who qualifies.

Joe
--
Fedora FreeMedia Contributor
Ambassador