dfey-general-discuss

[Dfey-general-discuss] Fwd: [Manchester Girl Geeks] competition for tech

From: Tim Dobson
Subject: [Dfey-general-discuss] Fwd: [Manchester Girl Geeks] competition for tech savvy 22 years old and under
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 20:30:09 +0000

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Manchester Girl Geeks] competition for tech savvy 22 years old
and under
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 07:38:50 -0800 (PST)
From: Isabelle <address@hidden>
To: Manchester Girl Geeks <address@hidden>

Hi ladies, one of my friends forwarded me this and I thought it might
be relevant
_______________________

I thought I would email you this as you might know some 22 and unders
who are tech savvy and would love to hear about a fabulous
International Competition ;)

Basically, Oracle Education Foundation are running ThinkQuest
International competition in 2011 (Close for entries is April 2011),
unfortunately UK entries are lagging considerably behind other
countries so we need to up the ante!

The competition showcases and rewards students who have used critical
thinking, communication and technology skills to solve a real-world
problem (such as bullying, climate change, ageing populations etc).

Participants may enrol any relevant team projects in the following
competition categories: A9ll details on
http://www.thinkquest.org/competition/)

ThinkQuest Digital Media event: (age group 19 and under) Participants
use digital media tools to produce any of the following - blog/
journal, website, animation, public service announcement, photo essay,
video, or some combination of these items.

Application Development event: (age group 22 and under) Participants
develop a web-based application using their choice of programming
language from a select list.

It’s a chance for students to showcase their work on a global scale
and also identify opportunities for international collaboration -
Students enrolling can also win laptops, ipads, a trip to ThinkQuest
Live in the U.S.A. and monetary grants for schools and organisations.

Further links to the competition website and supporting resources are
available at www.thinkquest.org/competition/

Challenging students globally to think, create, and innovate.
http://www.thinkquest.org
Need help getting started on the ThinkQuest International Competition?
Watch our online tutorial for students!
http://www.thinkquest.org/competition/tutorial/index.html