Re: [directory-discuss] proprietary-surveillance.html

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [directory-discuss] proprietary-surveillance.html
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2017 15:39:37 -0500

  > Chromium does not download the "Hotwords" module.

We need to understand this, not simply take Google's statement at
face value.

                                                       See the response in the
  > bug tracker for chromium:

People observed it had been loaded.  Does Google say it hadn't been loaded?
Does Google say that it was loaded due to some error they made?

  > Chromium does not download nor contain the nonfree audio listening module.
  > Here's the diff of the above-referenced commit:

https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/+/0366a5184a70b3eefb5fcef2c2e13721669f00d8%5E%21/

Could you explain how this commit relates to the issue?  What was the
behavior before that commit, and what was the behavior after?

--
Dr Richard Stallman