Re: [directory-discuss] Free Software Directory Database

From: Marta Rogers
Subject: Re: [directory-discuss] Free Software Directory Database
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2017 21:36:40 +0100

> However, even with the content, there is no way to actually
> re-constitute a MediaWiki instance without some other important things.

I'm not personally interested in re-constituting another MediaWiki, even though
this sounds desirable.
I'm just interested in having a copy of the data available at the FSD, such
that I can use it locally on my computer (for example to search free software
from the command line, locally). I'm interested in a copy of of the structured
data in a machine readable format such as JSON, XML, YAML, CSV, etc. This means
a structured representation of software names, their description, repositories
URL, categories, license, authors, and whatever else data is available. This
shouldn't cause any security concern as far as I can tell.
Could somebody please make available a periodically update dump of the software
listed at the FSD, in JSON or another structured format? If it's possible to
retrieve *all* this *structured* data via the API instead, I'll gladly just use
the API if somebody tells me how to do it...