Re: ventoy evaluation

From: David Hedlund
Subject: Re: ventoy evaluation
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2022 16:02:52 +0200

A while ago I started to evaluate multiboot device tools (https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/User:David_Hedlund/Backlog#Multiboot_device_tools), Etcher, and Ventoy is on my list.

I started to review Ventoy with Craig yesterday: https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Review:Ventoy-1.0.79

On 2022-08-20 02:55, Ian Kelling wrote:
bill-auger <bill-auger@peers.community> writes:

this program was one of the topics of today's FSD meeting -
coincidentally (?) someone requested it to be package for
parabola yesterday - another parabola user looked at the source
code and reported that is contains some non-free files

https://labs.parabola.nu/issues/3327
Interesting. I looked briefly at ventoy a year or more ago and found
that it did not work with libreboot. I think think the idea generally of
a disk that boots multiple or all free distros would be really awesome,
but there are multiple issues.