discuss-gnu-electric

Re: New user to electric and flip-flops.

From: Steven Rubin
Subject: Re: New user to electric and flip-flops.
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 08:27:37 -0700

At 11:37 AM 3/10/2009, you wrote:
I've just started using Electric for class, and I'm having trouble with flip-flops. I cannot run any simulations with flip-flops if I hook anything into the CLR port. The simulation fails to run with this error...

Compiling VHDL in cell 'CPU_Handshake_(D_FF){vhdl}' ...***** UNRESOLVED REFERENCES *****
drff, 1 time(s)
Done, created cell 'CPU_Handshake_(D_FF){net.als}'
Simulating netlist in cell 'CPU_Handshake_(D_FF){net.als}'
ERROR: Model 'DRFF' not found, simulation aborted

If I try to use a T FF, it fails to find the model TRFF. Any help would be appreciated. :)

Unfortunately, there are only models for the JKFF and the DSFF. You can see them in the code at:
    com.sun.electric.tool.user.CompileVHDL.java
and, if you are enterprising, you can write additional models.

-Steven Rubin