discuss-gnu-electric

Re: Any BeanShell example for 8.08 : revisited

From: Steven Rubin
Subject: Re: Any BeanShell example for 8.08 : revisited
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 14:26:58 -0700

Thanks Steven,

that was a good starting point!

When I run the script I get the BigCell being created in the current library but it fails on the creation of arcs:

ArcInst.makeInstance(aN, tN.findPortInst("diff-top"), maN.findPortInst("metal-1-n-act"));
   and the other ArcInst calls.

Error message is NullPointerException and I would suspect the set of ArcProto's to be null (?)

I believe the problem is that we have renamed the ports on the transistors. They are now (and in the next release will be) called "diff-top" whereas the older version of Electric calls it "p-trans-diff-top". You will have to add "p-trans-" or "n-trans-" in front of the transistor port names to get it to work for you.

Once again demonstrating that the Bean Shell is difficult.

   -Steve