[Discuss-gnuradio] tarballs, updated FAQ, and new web page

From: Benjamin J. Tarval
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] tarballs, updated FAQ, and new web page
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 17:31:12 -0700

I noticed that someone asked for help in how to get started with gnuradio
on the support page. I also noticed that I can't find a link to the
mailling list archives at http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/discuss-gnuradio/;
on either the homepage, or the project homepage. All I see is how to sign
up for the mailing list.

Perhaps I missed it, but in any case, I've put together a web page to help
support the project; and I've added various useful things to it. The web page
is at:
        http://www.supercomputer.org/gnuradio/

It contains:
        1. A copy of the latest GNU Radio FAQ in text format.
        2. Pointers to the mailing list archive, and how to sign up for it.
        3. Mirrored tarballs of the current source tree, in gzip and bzip2
                format. I believe this is a bit easier to download than
                going through the CVS checkout process.

I've also updated the GNU Radio FAQ. It now contains instructions on
how to go through the anon-CVS process and get a copy of the source tree.
And I've mentioned links to the tarballs as well.

Pardon the crudeness of the webpage, but I threw it together rather quickly.
Please note that it's not officially a part of supercomputer.org yet, and so
there's no direct link yet on the main site. Hopefully this will change soon.
In the meantime, please use the above URL.

If you have any comments, or spot any problems, please let me know.

        -ben-