Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] SCA transmitter

From: Tim Pozar
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] SCA transmitter
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 21:47:05 -0800

At 06:24 PM 2/26/02 -0800, you wrote:
> > This release includes Matt's new SCA FM demodulation,
>
>If anyone can find an audio SCA station and tell me if it sounds ok, it sure
>would help out a lot.  I can't find any.  Or if anyone has a small FM
>transmitter which can generate SCA, and could lend it to me for a few days,
>that would solve it.

Mark Roberts was kind enough to do a scan of the FM band for SCAs
for me as I am on the wrong side of the hill (outer sunset) to hear
anything.  Here is what he found...

---
Bandscan from the GE SR III mod tonight (sorry, no RDS)....

KQED/88.5  - data @ 67
KCSM/91.1  - ?? @ 67 (faint data?)
KALW/91.7  - audio @ 67, blank carrier @ 92 (have heard audio here in past)
KPFA/94.1  - audio @ 67
KOIT/96.5  - data @ 67 (hmmm...Mormon preaching @ 92 seems to be gone)
KMEL/106.1 - ?? @ 67 (faint data?)
KEAR/106.9 - audio @ 67 & 92

Audio:
KALW/91.7  - Chinese-language programming
KPFA/94.1  - Relay of main channel
KEAR/106.9 - Spanish-language programming

Location: Oakland hills.
---

Tim
--
  Snail: Tim Pozar / LNS / 1978 45th Ave / San Francisco CA 94116 / USA
               POTS: +1 415 665 3790  Radio: KC6GNJ / KAE6247