Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] APCO 25

From: Matthew Kaufman
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] APCO 25
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 14:47:45 PST

You have the source code to the IMBE vocoder? Or enough specification to
write one?

Once you've got that part, the rest is (relatively) easy. Unfortunately, the
last time I poked at this problem, IMBE was patented by DVSI, and unavailable
(code OR specs needed to write your own) for this sort of application.

As far as monitoring APCO25, once an agency goes digital, there's no real
performance penalty to go encrypted. For ham use, that's not a problem.

Matthew Kaufman
address@hidden

} Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] APCO 25