RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Quadrature demodulator update

From: Philip Mackenzie
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Quadrature demodulator update
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 18:42:09 -0000

>What other receivers might people on this list recommend
>using?

Hi,

We've used the 10.7MHz output on an AOR AR8600 receiver for a software radio
project. We connected the output to 2 mini circuits ZFL-500 coaxial
amplifiers in series (http://www.mini-circuits.com/dg03-172.pdf), then to a
ceramic filter and then into a 4020 board. Its probably not the best way to
do it because we get alot of noise but it works for strong signals and was
fine for our purposes.

Actually if anyone can explain the noise then I'd be interested to know what
was causing it (I'm sure its some kind of impedance problem). We were
getting strong carriers appearing throughout the receive band at multiples
of the sampling rate of the card. So when we were sampling at say 4MHz the
band would be blanked out at 96, 100, 104MHz, etc.

Philip.