[Discuss-gnuradio] Hardware design guidelines

From: Nick Kartsioukas
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Hardware design guidelines
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 10:12:34 -0800

I've got a pretty good idea of what components I'd need to build a tuner
(ARRL Handbook and other sources are good for that), but I get the feeling
it's not as easy as ordering up chips from Minicircuits and running traces
between them.  I don't have a lot of EE background (just basic electronics
as taught in a calc-based physics class), is circuit design with RF
components something that's relatively easy to pick up, or should I give
up and save myself great deals of frustration?

If it's pretty easy to learn, are there any reccomended books to read that
would be appropriate for someone of my electronics knowledge level?

--
Nick Kartsioukas        |  KF6UZB
address@hidden  |  NK2694