[Discuss-gnuradio] Questions about the 4937

From: Alan Gray
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Questions about the 4937
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 12:25:13 +1100

Just a few questions about the Microtune 4937 module that seems to be in general usage. I've done a little looking around and have pretty failed to find anything even close to similar available so I'm guessing it's probably the easiest option for IF conversion. My questions are as follows:

1) Has anyone in Australia or the surrounding region obtained one of the modules? If so, would you mind sending me some details (Who you went through, cost, time taken for it to arrive etc). Unfortunately it appears that there is no Australian contact for Microtune so I may have to ship from overseas.

2) After noting that the eval board from Microtune is rather expensive, it looks like I'll be building my own, I've taken a look at the schematic provided and ran into the following problem: My A/D has an input impedance of 500 ohm, not 50 ohm. I'm not thoroughly conversant with the hardware just yet, but I'm thinking this might be a problem. So, how much trouble and I going to get myself into trying to redesign the schematic to allow for the differing input impedance. Is it as simple as replacing the 50 ohm resistor on the output of the OPA691? (hey, I gotta hope for an easy way out) or will I have to work on something more complex?

Any suggestions will be most appreciated

Alan