[Discuss-gnuradio] Linux

From: Alan Gray
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Linux
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 09:03:18 +1100

Further to my endless questions regarding putting together a new system for GNU Radio, I'm curious as to what variety/brand/type/flavor of Linux people are using on their machines for GNU Radio.

Should there be any real performance issues motivating my choice? (is it worth looking at real-time linux?) Or is it just a personal preference with minimal impact on the performance of the code? Also, is there anything specific I should look for to support parallel processing?

A rather inane question I know, but useful none the less

Alan