Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] TelASIC 1GHz ADC

From: Steve Schear
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] TelASIC 1GHz ADC
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 12:29:54 -0700

At 09:22 AM 4/18/2003 -0700, T K wrote:
Has anyone worked with this ADC?

http://www.telasic.com/live/products/10bit1GSPS.shtml

It seems to have enough bandwidth to capture most of
the TV spectrum without downconversion.  I wonder what
kind of interface the eval board has.  The problem I
see is piping all this data into some kind of storage.

Although the data rate is nice and high the 10-bit depth is probably too low for most receiver applications. I think 12-bits is as about the smallest depth that can handle real over the air channel conditions.

steve