[Discuss-gnuradio] A couple of questions on VrAR5000Source

From: Ian Wraith
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] A couple of questions on VrAR5000Source
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 22:03:25 +0100

     I am just writing a quick class to allow me to tune my AOR3000
receiver from within GnuRadio. This is easy enough and I am basing it
on the code in the VrAR5000Source class. Having looked at that code I
have a couple of questions ..

1) What is the purpose of VrGuppiSource which VrAR5000Source is linked
to ?

2) Forgive this rather basic question as I am unused to Unix programming
but why doesn't VrAR5000Source set the serial port communications
parameters when it opens the serial port ? Am I correct in suspecting
that to do this would require the program to run from root ?