Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OT: Looking for specifications for Watkins Johnso

From: Matt Potter
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OT: Looking for specifications for Watkins Johnson Radio Control Bus (RCB)
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 20:36:32 -0400

On Sun, Apr 27, 2003 at 12:58:43AM -0400, Dave Emery wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 12:04:54PM -0500, tongaloa wrote:
> > I have a WJ receiver for 20-1200Mc which has a nice 21.4MHz IF out.
> > Unfortunately, it's a 'panel less' receiver designed to work with
> > an old DEC LSI 11 based controller via this thing WJ calls a
> > Radio Control Bus. It would save me considerable work, if someone
> > could point me toward the bus specification.

Does anyone have any information on the line protocol required to remotley
control a Harris RF-590? I have the service manual/schematics/pinouts etc..

But nothing that discribes the protocol required to control the radio from
a remote location. I know the radio in question has the remote control unit
option.

Matt