Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] AR5000 and downconversion

From: Krzysztof Kamieniecki
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] AR5000 and downconversion
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 23:58:25 -0400

John R. Ackermann N8UR wrote:
Hi Alan --

I doubt you'll find many radios that support a 6-7MHz bandwidth around a 10.7MHz IF. That's way too great a percentage of the center frequency for traditional radio design to work with. I suspect the 10.7 IF in the AR5000 is not going to be able to handle more than NBFM, or at most WBFM (eg, 200kHz or so) bandwidth without major surgery that would likely render the radio useless for normal tasks. A radio that supports TV bandwidths is likely to have a much higher IF, anywhere from 45 to 70MHz or higher.

John
<snip>

The ar5000 has a bandwidth of 10mhz
http://www.aorja.com/ar5000e.html
http://www.aoruk.com/5000bull.htm

AOR claims there is a NTSC demodulator for the ar5000 it's called TV5000

Rumors says ar8600 has either 2 or 4 mhz bandwidth (i've seen both mentioned)

--
Krzysztof Kamieniecki
mailto:address@hidden