Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USB2 ADC and DAC discussion

From: Linus Gasser
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USB2 ADC and DAC discussion
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 07:07:47 +0200

On Wednesday 04 June 2003 23:56, Matthew Ettus wrote:
> There has been a lot of discussion about USB2-based ADC/DAC hardware.  I
> just wanted to give everyone an update on what is happing in that area.
>
> We have been working on such a device for about 9 months now.  It is quite
> far along, and will be available for purchase in Q4 of this year.  For more
> info see the Wiki page I made for it --
>
> http://comsec.com/wiki?UniversalSoftwareRadioPeripheral
>
> Since the board is only baseband/IF, I am interested in finding people to
> work on RF converters for it.  One for the 1200MHz ham band, and one for
> the 2.4GHz ISM band would be nice for starters.  If you are interested in
> working on such a project, let me know, and I can get you all the info you
> will need.

Hi,
We're about to develop such a product. We hope to finish it by the end of this
summer. But this is absolutely not guaranteed ;) Anyway, we're operating at
an IF of 70MHz with a BW of 20MHz that can be chosen from the ISM-band
(2.4-2.483GHz). We're really eager to have this BEFORE Q4. But then again...
 If you have any questions about this, don't hesitate to ask.

Linus

Linus Gasser
EPFL                             Phone:       +41 21 693 5635
Mobile Communications Lab.       FAX  :       +41 21 693 4312
CH-1015 Lausanne                 email:  address@hidden
SWITZERLAND                      WEB  : http://lcmwww.epfl.ch