Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] PCI-DAS4020/12 problem roundup

From: Steve Franke
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] PCI-DAS4020/12 problem roundup
Date: 27 Jun 2003 16:55:50 -0500

This is an update on the problem that I have been having with the
mc4020-ver 0.7 driver. I can report that changing from SuSE 8.2/GCC 3.3
to Redhat 9.0/GCC 3.2.2 did not fix the problem on my machine. I also
updated the BIOS on my ASUS P4PE motherboard to the latest version. This
didn't have any affect either.

Sergio's patch, which adds a short sleep before closing the board (as in
the test-adc program) does seem to work. I can confirm his observation
that the 1 second sleep is not adequate for low sampling rates.
Lengthening the sleep duration will work for low sampling rates, but I
have not yet discovered the relationship between minimum sleep time and
sampling rate.

Steve Franke