Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Compilation from CVS sources

From: Ramakrishnan Muthukrishnan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Compilation from CVS sources
Date: 09 Sep 2003 21:56:31 +0530

 || On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 13:37:36 -0700
 || Eric Blossom <address@hidden> wrote:

 eb> Not sure what your problem is.  Do you have multiple versions of
 eb> automake, autoconf or libtool on your system?  Are you getting the
 eb> correct ones?  Is your PATH correct?

Ah.. I noticed that there was a copy of automake 1.4 also lying around,
I removed it and everything is in place. Thanks a lot!!

 eb> # FYI, the missing files are normal...

 eb> $ ./configure --enable-maintainer-mode

 eb> checking for ANSI C header files... no
 eb> checking for sys/types.h... no
 eb> checking for sys/stat.h... no
 eb> checking for stdlib.h... no
 eb> checking for string.h... no
 eb> checking for memory.h... no
 eb> checking for strings.h... no
 eb> checking for inttypes.h... no
 eb> checking for stdint.h... no
 eb> checking for unistd.h... no
 eb> configure: configuring in cppunit
 eb> configure: running /bin/sh './configure' --prefix=/usr/local/gnuradio
'--enable-maintainer-mode' --cache-file=/dev/null --srcdir=.
 eb> checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
 eb> checking for ANSI C header files... yes
 eb> checking for sys/types.h... yes
 eb> checking for sys/stat.h... yes
 eb> checking for stdlib.h... yes
 eb> checking for string.h... yes
 eb> checking for memory.h... yes
 eb> checking for strings.h... yes
 eb> checking for inttypes.h... yes
 eb> checking for stdint.h... yes
 eb> checking for unistd.h... yes

Isn't this wierd? gnuradio's configure says ANSI headers are not there, but
cppunit
says it's there.

 eb> Hope this helps...

Yes, very much. I had been struggling with it for quite sometime now.

Thanks
--
    Ramakrishnan                   http://www.hackGNU.org/
    Use Free Software -- Help stamp out Software Hoarding!