[Discuss-gnuradio] Measurement Computing Card

From: Daniel Piccoli
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Measurement Computing Card
Date: 03 Oct 2003 22:18:32 +0800

Hi All,

somebody asked for advice on the Measurement Computing PCI sampler
earlier. This is a good question since it is quite an investment (costs
more than the computer itself). Since I intend it to be a one off cost,
I want to make the right choice.

For those of you who already have one of these, is it worth getting this
model or another model that handles a sampling rate greater than 20 Mhz?
It seems that the more common Microtune tuners have an IF of over 30Mhz
which is already out of the Nyquist range of the sampler.

I remember someone mentioning "Nyquist zones" which I don't know a lot
about but figure it allows you to sample higher frequencies with a lower
sampling rate. Can you get good quality using this technique?

Also, with the measurement computing DSP board, is it possible to
accurately sample the HF range?

It seems that the most interesting spectrum is below Microwave
(microwave itself would be good due to changing wireless LAN standards),
so if you could recommend a sampler that handles these frequencies, it
should be future proof.

Thanks for your advice.