Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fwd: "Linux applications to run natively on TI?s

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fwd: "Linux applications to run natively on TI?s TMS 320C64xTM-based digital media processors"
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 09:27:56 -0800

On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 07:30:11AM -0800, Steve Schear wrote:
> http://focus.ti.com/docs/pr/pressrelease.jhtml?prelId=sc03237
>
> Hmm.  I hope this could spark some interest on the list.
>
> steve

  Softier Inc. provides a complete Linux-based development environment
  for developers of MediaLinux-based devices, including industry-first
  integration of advanced IDE (Integrated Development Environment) from
  SlickEdit with TI?s highly optimal tool chain, sophisticated debugging
  environment based on GDB, Linux standard debugging tool, and a
  complete set of simulation and porting tools that ensure smooth
  transfer of existing projects to the new software/hardware
  paradigm. Both MediaLinux and the MediaLinux DSP Development Kit
  (LDDK) will be available in Q1 2004.

Somehow I doubt that there's going to be a free tool chain for the TI
parts.  The part about "integration with TI's highly optimal tool
chain" seems to say it all.

Eric