Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 4702 board

From: David Bengtson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] 4702 board
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 22:56:43 -0500

Charles:

Where did you find the datasheet for the 4702? I've registered on the Microtune web page and found a selection guide, but no data sheet. I'm curious as to how you do channel selection on this.

Thanks

Dave

cfk wrote:

Dear Akshay:
   Fine, Akshay. Here is the current question. What should the circuitry
look like between the IfOut1 & IfOut2 pins of the 4702 and the input
circuitry of the usrb. The "Microtune 4702 RF Frontend" schematic at
http://www.comsec.com/4702 shows one lone OPA681 going to a BNC. Near as I
can tell from Burr-Brown, the OPA681 is now obsolete.

   Should we use an OPA691 to drive a MAX2451 Quadrature Demodulator and
take the I/I-,Q/Q- outputs of the MAX2451 and run them through 4 individual
OPA691's? Should we use a Quad output opamp? Is there a better chip then the
MAX2451 to use for the Quadrature decoder.

   I have started the Orcad Capture and am gathering details together, but
those particular details are the most mysterious right now.

Charles