[Discuss-gnuradio] connected ctrtap

From: cfk
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] connected ctrtap
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 18:24:22 -0800

Dear Guys:
    In the spirit of "gnu"-ness, I connected the ctrtaps of the two
mini-circuits AD1T transformers together, revved the schematic to F and put
a new schematic and layout on my web site. The layout file has now changed
from FE22.MAX to FE23.MAX with the ctrtap's connected and has been plotted.

http://cfk.homelinux.com/gnuradio/FRONTEND4702.DSN  "Orcad Release 9
schematic database file"
http://cfk.homelinux.com/gnuradio/FrontEnd4702_1.pdf  "page one of schematic
in pdf format"
http://cfk.homelinux.com/gnuradio/FrontEnd4702_2.pdf  "page two of schematic
in pdf format"
http://cfk.homelinux.com/gnuradio/FE23.MAX  "Orcad Layout version 7 database
file"
http://cfk.homelinux.com/gnuradio/FrontEndLayoutComponent.pdf  "3X size,
landscape format, component side with silk screen"
http://cfk.homelinux.com/gnuradio/FrontEndLayoutSolder.pdf  "3X size,
landscape format, solder side with silk screen"
http://cfk.homelinux.com/gnuradio/FE23.TOP  "Gerber of Component side"
http://cfk.homelinux.com/gnuradio/FE23.BOT  "Gerber of Solder side"
http://cfk.homelinux.com/gnuradio/FE23.SST  "Gerber of Component side silk
screen"
http://cfk.homelinux.com/gnuradio/FE23.SSB  "Gerber of Solder side silk
screen"

    Please review and let me know what you'all think. There are Gerber
viewers available for free download for both windows (non-capitalization
intentional) and Linux (capitalization intentional) for anyone that would
like to view the Gerber files. They are really more interesting then the
pdf's and dont have any funny stipple patterns. I did minimize the stipple
this time by plotting them at 3 times normal size instead of 1/1.

Charles

    p.s.: I did get the pdf's of the Sharp 950-2150Mhz tuner modules, thank
you very much. They are the horizontal mount models. Do we  perhaps want
Vertical mount to be similar to the mounting of the Microtune 4702's? I will
begin thinking about how to make a new schematic with a 950-2150Mhz tuner to
complement the 45-860Mhz FrontEnd4702. The 30V for the horizontal/vertical
switch on the LNB is going to be a little bit of a challenge. Perhaps one of
those TI DC-DC converter modules? Do we know how much current is required
for the polarization switch?

    p.p.s.: I have tried unsuccesfully to extract the Verilog code so I can
begin to understand the Cypress USB and the FPGA contents. Would it be
possible to detail a step by step set of instructions on how to obtain that
code for someone who is not particularly CVS proficient with savannah?

    p.p.p.s: I would also appreciate studying the USRP schematic rev 1. If
it was sent and nuked by my spam filters, can we resend it please, or post a
link to it?

    p.p.p.p.s.: Is there any way to change the Wiki to allow some sort of
pictures to be embedded in the Wiki database. Either GIF, PNG, JPG, PS, or
something that would allow us to put sketches of daughterboards and such
stuff to help others? If not, can we setup a subdirectory on the Wiki
computer itself and send picture files to Matt/Eric so the are local and not
linked across the net?