[Discuss-gnuradio] Scopes, etc

From: David Carr
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Scopes, etc
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 01:02:45 -0600

I was looking through the examples to get an idea of how things work and I decided to create 'file_scope' based on the audio_scope example. It reads in data from a file source and displays a scope and the magnitude of the fft. The SimpleScopeSink was hard to read because there was no triggering so I created GrTriggeringScopeSink based on my modified GrSimpleScope.h to have + slope triggering at a configurable level. GrTriggeringScopeSink is a drop-in replacement for GrSimpleScope. I couldn't decipher what was going on with the other scope modules so hopefully I didn't duplicate existing functionality. Perhaps someone could explain how X,F,C,etc OscopeSink are used? If anyone is interested, you can find the file_scope and TriggeringScope code on my website under the GNU Radio section. Suitable raw data for the file scope can also be downloaded from the data section.

David Carr

Note: currently my file_scope example uses GrTriggeringScope. I recommend you try them together, but if you don't want to just change the references to GrTriggeringScope back to GrSimpleScope and you should be set. Also if you don't want to play with Makefiles to build file_scope just backup your audio_scope.cc and then overwrite it with file_scope.cc. Then just do a 'make audio_scope; ./audio_scope'