Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Import Error

From: Ben Gelb
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Import Error
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 01:47:08 -0500

I'm away from my machine with GnuRadio right now so I can't double-check, but I think you need to set the PYTHONPATH environment variable.

I installed gnuradio to /usr/local/gnuradio so if I recall correctly, I run

export PYTHONPATH=/usr/local/gnuradio/python

If that doesn't work, its in one of the README files, which should explain what to set this variable to.

-Ben

Meenal wrote:

Hi all,
I am running into a bit of a problem with Python. I am a beginner in Python so please bear with me. When I try to execute some examples in gnuradio/src/gnu/python , such as fm_demod1.py , fm_with_gui.py etc
I get some import errors such as :

$ ./fm_demod1.py
/Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./fm_demod1.py", line 23, in ?
    from GnuRadio import *
ImportError: No module named GnuRadio

/ and
$ ./fmrx.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./fmrx.py", line 4, in ?
    import gtk
File "/usr/src/build/218821-i386/install/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py", line 43, in ? ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/_gtkmodule.so: undefined symbol: PyUnicodeUCS4_SetDefaultEncoding

However some other programs such as test_oscope_display.py works just fine.

Please advice.
thanks
Meenal