[Discuss-gnuradio] SSRP: real signals and GNURadio support

From: David Carr
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] SSRP: real signals and GNURadio support
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2004 22:28:20 -0500

Hi all,

With the release of the 0.3.1 version of the ssrp codebase and the newly ported gr-ssrp-0.1, the ssrp now has functioning GNURadio support. Chuck Swiger has been doing some excellent work with the FX2 board, a Maxim 1420 eval board and the SSRP software. Earlier today he informed me that we had a functioning data aquistion system and just a
few minutes ago he sent me some images of a modulated AM carrier he aquired.
Here are some pictures:
Hardware setup - http://www.widomaker.com/~cswiger/adc_1.jpg
415Khz sq at 15Msps - http://www.widomaker.com/~cswiger/sq_plot.jpg
1Mhz carrier AM modulated by 740hz tone - http://www.widomaker.com/~cswiger/am_mod.jpg

With the GNURadio source module working I expect we'll have some software demodulated signals soon as well.

On the LTC1746 front, I spent this evening assembling the carrier board. All that remains to complete the first prototype is to etch and assemble the lower PCB. I'll post some pictures when I can get hold of a camera.

-David Carr