Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Is there a GUI?

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Is there a GUI?
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 19:31:06 -0700

On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 03:18:00PM -0700, Jason Aron wrote:
> Hello - I was wondering if anyone is using a GUI.  I
> know there is a file_sink, but I haven't found
> anything like the oscope functions in the 0.9 version.
>  Is this in part of the code that I haven't installed,
> or can I help write this?  It would be great to view
> plots real-time instead of saving files and then
> plotting afterward with another program...  Have
> people been doing something like this?
> Thanks in advance
> Jason

Hi Jason,

There are equivalents to the fff and o'scope sinks for 2.x
They are in the gr-wxgui module in CVS.
Please see http://comsec.com/wiki?CvsAccess for instruction on how to
grab them.

They could use some additional work, particularly the FFT sink.  The
existing code is definitely functional, but it would be great to have
a way to control these attributes (perhaps using a popup menu?):

  dB / divisions
  reference level (value of the top division)
  center freq
  span

It would also be great to have one or more markers that we could move
around the display.  They should display the freq and power level, but
should also be able to be referenced by other commands.  E.g.,
"demodulate the signal at the marker using narrow-band FM."

Also, I will be making new tarball releases of everything in the next day or
so.

Eric