Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Audio spectrum inversion - easy & fun

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Audio spectrum inversion - easy & fun
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 08:23:11 -0700

On Sun, Oct 03, 2004 at 10:56:47PM +0930, Berndt Josef Wulf wrote:
> On Sunday 03 October 2004 22:01, Chuck Swiger wrote:
> > At 06:21 PM 10/3/2004 +0930, you wrote:
> >
> > >Does linux allow you to open the same device twice? Both calls to
> > >audio_source
> > >and audio_sink open the same device namely /dev/dsp and hence would return
> > >two file handles:

> > >Running the above demo program with GnuRadio on a NetBSD system will
> > >return
> > >"device busy" signal as one would expect. Am I missing something here? What
> > >is the secret? :)

The code definitely works under GNU/Linux.

Is there another audio interface available under NetBSD, say something
like ALSA?  How about some kind of "audio server".  Not being able to
open the audio tx and audio rx separately (or in two different
processes) is a pretty serious "mis-feature".

> > >Also, If I'm not mistaken, the code demonstrated contains a couple of
> typos:

The corrected example is now in CVS
at gnuradio-examples/python/audio/spectrum_inversion.py

Eric