Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] notebook computers

From: Berndt Josef Wulf
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] notebook computers
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 11:56:28 +1030

On Sunday 14 November 2004 08:47, Chuck Swiger wrote:
> Eric - easy question: what notebook(s) are you guys using for GNURadio?
>
> I'm putting the finishing touches on my AM BC wideband front end, for
> recording the
> entire band to disk, and will need to take it out away from urban/apartment
> noise for best
> results. Plus my old reliable Dell (233Mhz) is really showing it's age ;)

G'day,

I'm using a Dell Inspiron 8600 for all my work. It is/(was) one of the few
laptops that still had serial and parallel ports. The new generation of
laptops appear to lack those interfaces, perhaps considered to be legacy. It
optioned with the WUXGA wide screen display unit at 1920x1200 providing a
very spacious desktop working area.

HW-Info: Dell Inspiron 8600, 1.6GHz Centrino Processor, 512MB RAM, 60GB HD,
CD/DVD RW + USB->RS232 adapter 2. RS232

Hope this helps

cheerio Berndt