Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] pcHDTV HD-3000 card is shipping; easy HDTV

From: Tom Huppi
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] pcHDTV HD-3000 card is shipping; easy HDTV
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 20:43:56 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004, John Gilmore wrote:

<snip>

> The HD-3000 card is only good for receiving analog TV and HDTV, as far
> as I know.  But the drivers are all open source, and hardware is often
> designed with "bypass" modes for debugging, which disable entire
> blocks of the chip (such as the ATSC decoder) and permit raw signals
> to be observed by software.  There may well be a way to configure
> it to tune in and digitize other signals of interest.

Fascinating.  If this device could become a more general purpose
receiver, it would be a welcome addition to my small but growing
pile of RF related hardware.  I hope that anyone who learns more
about the potential will post to this list, but I suppose that
this may go without saying (spamming!)

> This 5V PCI card costs $190 in single quantities, with volume
> discounts available:
>
>   http://www.pchdtv.com/hd_3000.html

<snip>

Thanks,