Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio documentation

From: Dave Hartzell
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio documentation
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 13:47:59 -0800

Eric-

I think it would be great if you could include some introductory texts or material that you and other developers find useful regarding radio and/or software signal processing.

I have found Steven W. Smith's text "Digital Signal Processing, A Practical Guide for Engineers and Scientists" to be very useful and it exists in a free PDF form as well. I highly recommend that people actually purchase the text for easier reference and code samples. http://www.dspguide.com/pdfbook.htm

Unfortunately, the book doesn't delve into things like basic radio principles such as modulation (AM or FM) and other radio signal concepts. If anyone has any suggestions, plus submit.

Thanks,

Dave, N0TGD