Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr.firdes_hilbert () usage

From: Chuck Swiger
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr.firdes_hilbert () usage
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 12:34:08 -0500

At 10:44 AM 11/25/2004 -0800, you wrote:

On the Tx side, there's also the Weaver method.  We use it in the the
ATSC Tx code.  There are two very small blocks that would need to be
ported, GrWeaverModHead and GrWeaverModTail.  The unported versions
are in CVS: gnuradio-core/src/lib/general

OK - I'll have to look at the Weaver methods.

I think what's happening is that: gr.firdes_hilbert taps in gr.fir_filter_fff is also acting as a high pass filter, with a cutoff about 2% of the sampling rate (at 8e6 rate it's down .7 at about 170Khz) so the mixer RF w(sig)+w(lo) gets thru and cancels
out in the summer, but the audio w(sig)-w(lo) gets blocked by hilbert, and thus
the unwanted sideband does not get canceled out in the summer.

--Chuck