Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP for YPbPr ADC?

From: Seth David Schoen
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP for YPbPr ADC?
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 13:53:05 -0800

Matt Ettus writes:

> Quoting Seth David Schoen <address@hidden>:
>
> > Does anyone have any information that would tend to indicate how useful
> > the USRP would be for digitizing a YPbPr component video signal?
>
> You'd need to make a DC-coupled daughtercard which would be pretty easy.  What
> kind of sample rate and precision would you need?

It seems like you need 3 channels and my
lots-of-simplifying-assumptions thought is about 4 Msps apiece, 8
bits/sample each.  That seems well within the capabilities of the
USRP.

If it turns out that there are tetrachromats and somebody decides that
HDTV needs to start using a 4th primary color in order to make the
color space look realistic for them, I guess the USRP will still be
well-equipped to handle digitizing tetrachromat-oriented color video. :-)

--
Seth David Schoen <address@hidden> | Very frankly, I am opposed to people
     http://www.loyalty.org/~schoen/   | being programmed by others.