Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Economist: Wireless broadband: Open spectrum, clo

From: David Young
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Economist: Wireless broadband: Open spectrum, closed chips
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 18:28:25 -0600

On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 01:52:56AM -0800, John Gilmore wrote:
> [This is part of why GNU Radio and unconstrained research hardware are so
>  important.  And why the right to reverse-engineer is also critical.  --gnu]
>
> http://economist.com/science/displayStory.cfm?story_id=3535732

If you would like to read more, the Economist's article was
inspired by the paper that Christian Sandvig, I, and Sascha
Meinrath wrote, "Hidden Interfaces to Ownerless Networks,"
<http://www.spcomm.uiuc.edu/users/csandvig/research/Hidden_Interfaces.pdf>.

Dave

address@hidden      Urbana, IL * (217) 278-3933