Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Booting a new USRP

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Booting a new USRP
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 20:36:29 -0800

>  I received my new USRP, thank you Matt, it is powered up and its LED (D463)
> is blinking at a 2.31415926535Hz rate (approximately).

This is good.  The LED blinks faster before you download code to the board.  So
if it slows down, you've gotten FX2 firmware downloaded (the .ihx file)

>  I am using the 2.3 tarball and did a make, make check and make install on
> the
> usrp-0.5 directory last weekend in preparation for this moment.

You need to use the new 2.4 tarballs that Eric put out yesterday, or just use
CVS.

>  I can see there are a number of files in /usr/local/share/usrp/rev1 such as
> "usrp_firmware.ihx". I dont see a usrp_fpga.rbf and that gives me my first
> puzzlement.

The rbf file should be in the new tarball.  It is the FPGA bitstream.  Also, all
the files of interest are in .../rev2.  Rev1 is the prototype that nobody out
there should have.

Matt