[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: mic audio input

From: James Smith
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: mic audio input
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 11:20:29 -0800 (PST)

Dear Chuck,
The problem you describe seems similar to a problem
that I had when using btaudio with gr_audio_oss.  The
analog interface on btaudio can sample at 448Khz, but
only in mono.  Eventually I figured that the samples
were being split among two channels, but I was only
using one.  If your mic input can only output mono
samples, they may be being split into two channels.
You may want to try programming your code to assume
that the samples are coming at half of the rate you
programmed.  If you are using gr_audio_alsa I don't
think this would be a problem.