[Discuss-gnuradio] Scope and Spectrum Analyzer using WCK

From: Thomas Traber
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Scope and Spectrum Analyzer using WCK
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 21:16:41 +0100

Matt,

> Yes, very true.  It's not even the FFT part.  That is really quick.  Its the
> drawing of the graph.  If anybody is interested, I think integrating PGPlot
> would help this issue a lot.  It is supposed to be much faster than wxPyPlot.

Because I like Tkinter more than wxPython I am playing with
the Widget Construction Kit (http://effbot.org/zone/wck.htm).

I attach the code for an oscilloscope and spectrum analyzer.
I am also working on a network analzyer but it is not usable
yet.

Using:

UP and DOWN keys change y scale
SHIFT-UP and -DOWN move y position

LEFT and RIGHT keys change time scale

TAB switches to next channel
SHIFT-TAB to last

q for quit.

I won't bet it's faster than wxPython. Need to test it.

Maybe a block gr.dB would could improve the speed?

Thomas