[Discuss-gnuradio] alueError: <gr_block interp_fir_filter_fff (6)> requi

From: Rahul Dhar
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] alueError: <gr_block interp_fir_filter_fff (6)> requires 1 output connections
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 02:11:48 -0500

I modified the gmsk/gmsk-test scripts to decouple the conversion to and
from a byte stream from the actual modulation.  I'm getting the
following error (I'm only giving the last message instead of the full

line 250, in _check_contiguity
    raise ValueError, ("%s requires %d %s connections.  It has none." %
ValueError: <gr_block interp_fir_filter_fff (6)> requires 1 output
connections.  It has none.

My flowgraph looks like this
input block name, input item size -> output block name, out item size

time_micro,1 -> rd_frame_filler,1
rd_frame_filler,1 -> simple_framer,1
simple_framer,1 -> bytes_to_syms,1
bytes_to_syms,4 -> interp_fir_filter_fff,4
interp_fir_filter_fff,4 -> fir_filter_fff,4
fir_filter_fff,4 -> frequency_modulator_fc,4
frequency_modulator_fc,8 -> quadrature_demod_cf,8
quadrature_demod_cf,4 -> fir_filter_fff,4
fir_filter_fff,4 -> simple_correlator,4
simple_correlator,1 -> null_sink,1

interp_fir_filter_fff is connected to fir_filter_fff (as per the GMSK
code), so it seems that it does have the one output connection it needs.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Rahul Dhar
Actually, my goal is to have a sandwich named after me.